Welcome to STFU Already!

You're one stop blog spot for rants, reviews and sarcasm!

Monday, January 3, 2011

That's Life

Just thought I'd update everyone on my life. Sorry I haven't written in a while, it's that damn Call of Duty game. It has me hooked. It's a legal form of crack!
Anyway, I'm still job hunting. My chances of becoming a pro gamer are 1 in a million, so I have to go out and apply at boring, normal places. Like AT&T. I applied there not too long ago and haven't heard anything. Today, I went there to pay my phone bill and some new lady was there. She was rather old and looked like a former crack head. I asked about my contract and she wrote down a number for me. Under the number she wrote "Finicial Services". I kid you not. Congratulations, AT&T. You didn't hire me, an educated young lady, but you hired a fucking illiterate dinosaur. Now in about 5 years when she decides to retire, you'll have to hire an educated young lady and I just might be too busy to answer your call.
In other news, relatives bought nothing but noise toys for my son for Christmas. Thank you, everyone. I already had trouble sleeping at night, but now I get to stay up ALL night hearing things squeak, click and sing gay songs.
My cousin and her boyfriend were visiting from out of town for about two weeks. They'd switch off and on between my house and her boyfriend's family's house. I love my cousin and her boyfriend, but after a while, you miss being able to run around half naked and being able to play Call of Duty without feeling like an asshole while everyone else sits around and talks. Also, you just start to hate trying to entertain everyone. It wouldn't have been so bad if all of us could have agreed on something. Instead it went like this...
"I want to play Call of Duty."
"I want to watch a movie."
"No, movies put me to sleep, and I'm tired of Call of Duty."
"Let's go shopping."
"We're too broke to go shopping."
"Window shopping is fun."
"No it's not, it's depressing."
"Well let's play a board game."
"BORING!"
"Gay."
"We could .."
"No."

And that's pretty much how it went for two weeks. So while everyone argued over what to do, I nonchalantly put in Call of Duty and did what I wanted to do until they could agree on something. And of course, it was always the same when we wanted to listen to music.
"Let's listen to rap."
"Fuck that, put in Bob [Marley]."
"No, you can't dance to that, put techno."
"I have my death metal CDs in the car."
"EWW! No!"

And so on and so forth. So most of our time was spent in silence, doing nothing but stare at each other. Except for me. I spend most of the time playing Call of Duty and then others would see how much fun I was having and want to join in. Needless to say, next time people come to visit, I'll rent a hotel room for them :]

2 comments:

  1. "In other news, relatives bought nothing but noise toys for my son for Christmas. Thank you, everyone."

    You're welcome! rofl

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A Call To Duty"
    I understand.
    Been there.
    Done that.
    Twenty years worth of it.

    ReplyDelete